Posts Filed Under Celeb Sightings
Locanda Verde- always at the top of my list! I went there last night, and as always, I was in food heaven! You can’t go wrong with anything on the menu. It just really depends on what you’re in mood for. We didn’t have too much to eat last night because we were headed to the Hennessy Artistry event, and had to leave room for our SIPS!
TIP: Make a ressie- it’s always packed. If you’re feeling daring, you can walk in and try to dine at the bar- but there’s a list for that too (check in with a bartender at either one of the bars and put your name down)
CHOW FAVES (from last night- I have too many to list): Mezze Rigatoni with lamb bolognese and Sea bass with mushrooms, greens and mashed potatoes (this was a special) – the flavors blended together so nicely- there was a party going on in my mouth.
Here are the new restos I’m looking forward to visiting:
1. Red Rooster- starring Marcus Samuelsson. Speakeasy-inspired eatery- American comfort food as seen through the eyes of Marcus. You know this is way out of my zip code- but I’ll venture uptown, and risk a nose bleed because of the Man- Marcus!
2. Ciano- starring Shea Gallante (Bouley Alumni- left to open Cru). Seasonal Italian neighborhood spot. Looking forward to trying the blue crab crostini with soppressata and pickled ramps and the veal-ricotta meatballs.
3. Double Feature:
A. Osteria Morini- starring Michael White. This is his first casual, downscale resto. I’m looking forward to hearty and rich Italian dishes!
B. Ai Fiori- starring Michael White. It will reside on the 2nd floor in the Setai Fifth Avenue. It will feature the food of the Italian Mediterranean coast, with some French Riviera influences.
4. The Darby- starring Alexandra Guarnaschelli. Supper club/modern day cabaret. They promise to put out amazing food, music and entertainment. And what a way to set the tone- they opened early for Beyonce’s Bday Party!
5. Lincoln- starring Jonathan Benno. It won’t just be about the Italian menu- it’s about the experience too! BTW- it’s one of the most expensive openings this fall.
6. Donatella- starring Donatella Arpaia. Chic pizzeria featuring the cuisine of Naples. Looking forward to trying the Neapolitan pizza!
7. FPB- starring Francois Payard. Bakery and snack shop. The French chef is back and he’s downtown! I would always send friends, family and clients special treats from his uptown bakery and it was always a hit!
8. John Dory Oyster Bar- starring April Bloomfield. They’re back and this time around it’s more casual!
9. Niko- starring Raj Dixit and Hiro Sawatari. It sounds like it will have a good balance of cooked Japanese food and sushi. I hear the restaurant is beautiful! Soho needs better restos- hopefully this will be a great addition!
I might have left a few out, so be on the look out for part deux! I can’t wait to Sip, Chat & Chow at these newcomers!